Monday, September 4, 2017

It's not pink and pretty

Next month is "Breast Cancer Awareness Month". The color pink will be everywhere. That little pink ribbon will be emblazoned on every kind of item for sale. Don't get me wrong, I love pink, heck, I started and art blog years ago dedicated to it.  But pink DOES NOT convey what breast cancer is actually like.


The truth is, cancer and treatment is horrible and destructive and painful.  Why they feel the need to pretty it up is beyond irritating. Pink makes people feel better about something scary, and I guess that's why it works so well to sell products and raise money. Hopefully some of that money will aid a breast cancer patient in need or go toward curing cancer, which are noble causes. However, you won't find me wearing a pink tutu or waving pom-poms. If you want to know what if feels like, think of being stabbed, poisoned, cut and burned, repeatedly....
Something to consider.












No comments:

Post a Comment